Funnypoets.com was created by poet Duncan Flynn. It provides a vehicle for writers of humorous verse to feature their work as well as appreciate the poetry of fellow poets.
The site is also
gathering a new audience of comedy fans along with poetry buffs and ordinary folk who just enjoy a good laugh.
A note from Duncan:
OUR AIMS ARE TO:
- Highlight the talents of poets around the world.
- Encourage people from all sectors of the community, all ages, all backgrounds to submit their work.
- Give unpublished poets a vehicle to have their material published on the site.
- Offer exposure for established poets, which may lead to book sales, performances and further writing work.
- Allow published poets a means to have their new work viewed.
- Bring poetry to the attention of ‘non-poetry readers’ through the use of humour.
- Allow writers of all styles of humorous poetry (bush poetry, contempory, children’s etc) the opportunity to be included on the site.
- Promote humorous poetry writing as a growing artform. Encourage non-writers to write.
- Link poets to additional websites which may be of benefit to their writing.
- Provide a fun site for the enjoyment of all.
- Bring more laughter to the world!
More To Explore